love of my life

love of my life
Love Of My Little Life

Happy And Complete Family

Happy And Complete Family

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lovin' Him


Isn't it funny how you sit down to watch a romantic movie and you just begin to love your other half more. At least that happens for me :) I guess I am a sappy little lady and love the romance, so I imagine myself in the movie or try and relate and ya know in a way it really helps me in our little marriage. Sometimes I do that when I am in a bad mood or if the Mr. & I are goin' through a rough patch and sometimes it really helps, well okay so sometimes (because I'm only human people) it can have the opposite effect and I think "why can't he do that, why can't we be like that" and then I'm no better off or even worse than I was, and then of course there's the random object thrown at him...oh okay, so I only imagine doing that ;) j/k. Most of the time though, I really just can't wait till my love comes home so I can give him a big hug after watchin' a romantic movie. He probably thinks to himself "where's this little happy wife coming from??" Not that he has to really think that since I am almost perfectly happy all the time ;) So when he wonders why on earth I watch all these romantic comedies and rolls his eyes, he really has no clue it's actually helping our relationship. Just a thought. Here are some tips that I find help our relationship, at least it helps us. Marriage is never still or perfect, you have to continuously  mold it and change it to keep things fresh and happy!

  • put the other person first
  • be loving and kind
  • be patient and respectful
  • sacrifice things for that person
  • let each other be an individual
  • let go of hurtful things, don't have resentment (hard to do, but great when you achieve it!!)
  • listen to each other
  • compliment and say nice things to each other continuously
  • do lots of random acts of kindness; leave a note, make a special meal, give a gift, make a gift, call um' up and say somethin' really nice, take um' somewhere.
  • kiss kiss kiss!!! Nuff' Said....
  • follow the golden rule
  • remember that no one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes, we are here for our other half's to uplift, encourage, and help. Through trials a person learns and grows.
  • don't give up, don't take the easy road
  • sometimes ya gotta fake it till ya make it; do those nice things even if ya don't feel like it and sometimes it will eventually make ya feel like doing them.
  • And of course watch those romantic movies, it's therapy ;)

1 comment: