love of my life

love of my life
Love Of My Little Life

Happy And Complete Family

Happy And Complete Family

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Shopping is Therapy

Okay so it's probably not the healthiest outlet, but come on people it works! I go shopping and whaaaalaaa I feel like a new girl and I'm on top of the world! This is my husband's first thing to say when I'm feeling down or I'm being a grumpy lil' lady, "Go shopping, and get Happy!!" So I say, "aaahhh okay honey, I guess this is something I must do." LOL so that happens sometimes, sometimes it's with the girlfriends which is so fun and that is good therapy, and then there are the times I go "angry" shopping. I am either mad at myself, mad at my wonderful other half, mad at family or a situation, or just mad at the world, and so I go angry shopping. It really does work as low as that sounds or as shallow as I may be I guess...I just feel better when I get outta the house and have a little "me time" and shop. It doesn't have to be a million things or expensive things, I'm a girl who'd rather spend some money on a few things rather than one expensive thing...for the most part :) Or even just one simple little thing and window shop till my heart's content! And believe me I love a good sale too! Have to thank my mom for that...and also give her a little crap for that because the argument I go through with myself not to buy something on sale when I really don't need it, takes FOREVER sometimes, I freakin' probably look like a crazy person when I do this because I probably end up saying some random comment outloud while I'm sitting there starring at whatever it is convincing myself to move on, let go and walk away and not look back. Okay sorry for the tangent, that happens alot. So shopping for me is an outlet.  It could be some scrapbooking stuff, something for the home, a fun toy for the kids, some new clothes for the boys, a cute little outfit for peach...aka, Audriana, something sassy to wear for me, a new pan (yes I just said pan, I can get excited to buy a new pan), a candle, something for the yard (even weed killer..LOL) okay so I really lied right there with the weed killer so x that one off my list, it could even be as simple as some new towels. I may be a big dork, but it works for me. I am not so sure as to why I feel better after shopping. Maybe it's a new something in the home to look forward to or a change in my wardrobe to make me feel pretty, fresh, and young again, or maybe a project that I'm excited to accomplish with whatever I've purchased, or just maybe it's as simple as change. Change is good and can be amazing, change is therapeutic, shopping helps change things up, so therefore shopping is therapy...end of story, end of discussion, that's it, that's all, that's my reasoning...deal with it :)

                                                                    ~Some of my finds~




The Cutest Littlest Sweetest Converse Shoes For My Girl!!!

                                          Of course I didn't find this girl, she was just a gift from Heaven!!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I SO agree with you on this! It's one of the quickest easiest ways to turn my mood around!

    ReplyDelete